Thursday, September 22, 2011

"the word of the Lord is flawless."

Prayer meetings consist of two hours of prayer and worship. The first hour is normally more devotional time where we just sit focusing on Jesus.
I already went to my two prayer meetings and put an hour in in the Furnace prayer room yesterday. Since it was Wednesday we also had our Junior High Wednesday night service which was good.. we dressed up as nerds. Which isn't that hard for me normally haha. The funny thing is is that some girls always look all "cute" when they dress up as nerds you know? But normally I can't do that and I end up just really looking like a nerd :) It is just a talent. Really all I need to do is put on my normal glasses and I am set!

Anyway blah blah enough about that.. I need to learn to quit talking so much, but so after that Junior High service.. some of us were in a back ground video that David Perkins was in talking about like some youth pastor conference thing. Where they call out to God to have a generation move towards God and it isn't about numbers growing in the church just the heart of the church and how genuinely kids are seeking the Lord. So I will find out the link whenever that is created so you can watch my AWESOME acting skills in the back ground sippin on my water bottle and reading the bible haha or actually talking with other people about how we really really want to eat a hamburger.

But haha gall lee. ? Gawl lee? whatever.
So PRAYER MEETING LAST NIGHT 10-12.
I was like ehh I don't need to go already met the requirements, but God doesn't deserve requirements. We need to go above and beyond, because I think if in our lives we saw someone physically die for us for a good reason we would want to devot our lives to that person. So if someone died for us who was completely innocent for a cause that we don't even deserve I think we would take that person seriously and keep that in mind every second of our lives living. So we need to focus and grasp that realization.
I feel like I take the cross lightly to be honest.
I feel like I get more emotional about how God works perfectly and is so holy and saves those who are lost, but I don't aknowledge that death for me.

Okay but what mainly I got out of last night was this.
The person leading the prayer meeting told us for the first hour to focus on like one verse.. he used the example as "the Lord is my shepherd" and yeah really "squeeze all the truth out of that."

I think that is extremely true.. a lot of times we read through the bible quickly and don't really take it all in. So meditating on a verse for an hour is AWESOME. You begin to see all the different dynamics of that verse. The different situations it is true to. You just see all of the truth in it and can see it in a different light.

So the verse I began to focus on was Psalm 18:30
"As for God, his ways are perfect. The word of the Lord is flawless."

Saying that over and over again is one thing but again I had to slow down on it..
I began to say it in almost different circumstances in my head. I said it in a tone as though I was talking to someone who didn't know these truths.
(We take it for granted.. we are like yeah I know God is perfect and his word is flawless)
But saying that to someone who is desperate and in need! What a relief! That God's way is perfect! Follow his way! It is perfect! Don't you see that the bondage you are in and the hurt and the pain and the lost direction is right in front of you? The Lord Almighty wants to comfort you and he will because his ways are perfect!

The word of the Lord is FLAWLESS!! He is so perfect! Every single word that has come from his mouth is perfect.
(And again.. thats great.. He is perfect and flawless.. but what does that even begin to look like?)
Well.. I cannot picture what perfect is unless I compare it something that isn't perfect.
It is only when I begin to complare my flaws to his holiness that I can begin to see how wonderful, beautiful and perfect his is.
I am going to try and think of an analogy.
Idk anything really.. if you have something and you don't know that there is something better then you will only see what you have as the best it can be. Until you compare yourself to something better you will be under the illusion that you are the best?

So then the word of the Lord is flawless. I put my hand on the bible. I grabbed the pages. Every single word is flawless. It is immaculate. Think about that!
So then the guy leading the prayer meeting began to talk about the wonder and majesty of creation!
So God was speaking all of this! Which means if this world was created by words then that would be a product of his word which is flawless; therefore, the world is flawless.. or was until our stupid sin got in the way.
"The word of the Lord was hovering over the water!" the FLAWLESS WORD OF THE LORD WAS HOVERING. yeah yeah!

It was really cool last night. There were probably at least 40 people in the world prayer center. Which is a big room. And it was at like midnight. And the guy would have long long pauses in between him basically going through a summarized version of creation to like revelation.

But during these pauses it was complete silence. It really did feel like the word of the lord was hovering over us. Its like I didnt want to move or open my eyes to disturb it.. it felt like there was something extremely vast above our heads and it wasn't just above us but it continued on and covered the entire world. It was like there was an invisible layer just covering the earth?
You guys know what I am talking about like a dome. haha (the simpsons movie?) except it wouldn't be so thick or round it was more flat just following the surface of the earth. God was just breathing over everything. He always is!

Idk it was legit. The word of tthe Lord is flawless.
That's all
-Mali

No comments:

Post a Comment