Sunday, September 18, 2011

"why have you forsaken me?"

So something was really speaking to me the other day.. I am thinking it was from God or maybe just a mini revelation (which would still be God haha). I am not saying this is what the scriptures means either, like its literal translation. It was just another way to view the immense amount of Love there is for us through the Father and the sacrifice that Christ payed on the cross.

The scripture was in Mark.. 15:33-34
Jesus is on the cross.

The Death of Jesus
"At the sixth hour darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice. 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?' which means, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'"

I have decided that one of my new favorite things in the bible is when Jesus speaks in Hebrew. Even though I don't know what it means.. I can picture it better. It seems as though it is actually Jesus speaking instead of Jesus said this..
(if that makes sense)

Okay, so what I got out of this verse was really convicting.
God loves Jesus. Jesus is God's son (duh). But think about the love in that. Jesus cries out to his father, "why have you forsaken me?" Now.. I am not saying I know exactly what he meant by that.. but I do see this.
We (us humans) stepped in the way of Christs relationship with his Father.

I do not have any part coming in between someone else's family. It wouldn't be right for me to cause conflict between say.. Allison Phillips and her Mom. That is not my place. So when I am thinking about this with Jesus and God it feels as though my sin.. or ..
I came in between the Love of the Father and the Son and made tension.. even for an instance.
I made Jesus question his father through the pain I caused him to suffer.
I didn't even deserve to be suffered for!

I don't know if this makes sense or not. It just seemed as though I suck because I made Jesus (maybe for a second) have tension with his Father and question Him.

Thank you Jesus for dying for those who rejected you. You love us so much that you died for our potential..
Let us walk in that realization all the days of our lives. That we may glorify your name through all that we do.

To know this love that surpasses knowledge.
Thats all.
-Mali

No comments:

Post a Comment