Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Praying God's Will

I hope that I can properly convey the greatness of God that I have been experiencing lately. This blog post is more personal rather than a teaching that I heard. I have obviously applied the things I have learned from the teaching to my life lately and it seems to be revealing God more and more.

So yesterday was kind of not a good day at first.. I decided to continue my job hunt (which has not been going well.) I was in a bit of a bad mood. I didn't feel like going to the prayer meeting last night.. which wouldnt have been a big deal since I only have to go to two the whole week. I had plenty of time to make it up but I didn't want to miss out. Basically I felt compelled to go because I knew not feeling like going wasn't a good reason haha.

So I got home after what seemed again to be a pointless day of looking for jobs. I went to my room and just sat there. I was like blaaahhhh... haha. I have been alone all day cause all the other roomies have jobs so it gives me time to like.. dwell on things. Sometimes I think about idk just stuff that I should be over by now but it seems to come up when you have nothing to do.

I felt as though I needed to open up my bible and have some God time because I hadn't done it that day.. but then also the other part of me was like.. I have been in the word so much recently! I don't need to.. but then I was really bored and grumpy so I started reading Mark.

Something I have learned over the past about three years of my faith now is that everytime you don't feel like pressing in to God that is when you need it the most and normally when He shows up the most! (Like sometimes at youth in High School I would be like ugh.. and then it would always exceed my expectations.)
Anyway.. so I open up Mark and begin to read.

Those of you who may have been consitently reading this blog saw that the last post was about praying and praying God's will. What does that look like? Well a good way to pray God's will is to get in the word and use the versus and convert them to prayers back to God.

So I am in the middle of Mark. Mark 7 something and I come upon the "Healing of a Deaf and Mute Man"

Jesus encounters this man. Jesus pulls the man away from the crowd and Jesus puts his fingers into the man's ears. Then he spit and touched the man's tongue. He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!") At this, the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly.

After reading this I really think I realized that God's will is for people to be healed. I used to view praying for healing in the past as.. "Okay God.. I don't want to try and command you to move.. or try and pray and then be wrong or nothing happens. I don't want to pray for healing if this isn't your will for this person to be healed." Now I clearly see God wants his people to be healed.

The first time I read this verse it freaked me out! I was so overwhelmed for some reason. I almost started crying.. maybe I did haha who knows.. I do know the reason that it moved me so much.

I pictured Jesus, sighing. It says a "deep sigh" Jesus was focused. I felt like through that description of him I could feel and picture the compassion. Jesus LOOKS up to HEAVEN and says to the man Ephphatha.
Reading this the first time I missed the part that it says he said to the man be opened. I thought Jesus looked up to heaven and said be opened. Jesus.. longing for heaven to be opened and I am pretty sure Jesus knows heaven can be opened!! It is like he commanded heaven to open.

I translated that as Jesus asking God to have His will be done. Let the power and will of heaven to fall onto earth. "As on earth as it is in heaven." Anyway .. so then it kind of smacked me in the face saying.. Don't you see my will. Don't you see what I want. I want to heal people. I love them. They are mine and I want what is best for them.

So from now on.. when I pray for healing I will not hesitate. It is God's will to heal.

In the prayer meeting last night the prayer leader said something to this effect, "I think the safest way that we can be praying God's will is to take the scripture and read it back to God." Yeah.. really true. I think the words that God said are definitely His will haha.

I have started a prayer list. I am going to continue to pray, repetitively, unceasingly for certain things to be done. I am praying for people who are lost. I am praying for Zach Hart. I do not want to recieve any Glory if Zach ends up coming back to Christ. It will be seen as a testimony of God's great power and compassion and love for each one of His children.

I was praying for Zach and Samantha Hart last night and I was saying, "Lord I know it is your will to have them find you." While I was saying your will I then thought match it up with scripture. Or God told me to match it up with scripture.. so I started thinking.. okay what relates to this.. do I know anywhere that I can find scripture that nails this on the head...

And then I remembered in the talk about How to Pray that Dan Perkins gave about the Lost Son in Luke. (Luke 15:11-32)

Dan pointed out something that I had never really focused on in that parable before. It says, "but while he (the son) was still a long was off, his father saw him." implying that the father was LOOKING FOR HIM!!!

God is always looking for His lost children. They are always on His mind. God is waiting for their return home! How amazing! Even while we are disobedient and run away for God He is searching and waiting for our return home. This is how Great the fathers love is for us.

Anyway so I found later on it said.. "For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. So they began to celebrate."

And then BAM. I am praying God's will for Zach Hart. I am praying Gods will for Samantha Hart. I start praying what I know is God's will about all those who are lost and broken.

The greatest part of all this.. is that God answers prayers, and you can bet your bottom dollar that the WILL of the LORD will be ACCOMPLISHED. "The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this." Isaiah 9:7

awwwweyyeahhhhhhhh.....

THIS IS JUST MORE PROOF TO ME THAT GOD EXISTS.
I love it. Everything in the bible matches up. Everything relates to one another. It is so perfectly constructed and composed that it must have been inspired by a perfect creator.
From Isaiah .. how many hundreds of years before was that written and it just is a little puzzle peace that agrees with everything else. Idk I don't know if I am making sense or just making things up but it is awesome.

I think other stuff happened as well.. I am not sure though I could write another thousand words but I don't want to over do anything.. which I probably have already done.

But to recap.
-Taking bible versus and praying them back to God is a good way to know that we are praying accurately with His will.
-Jesus rules soooo much.
-God wants to heal and he wants His precious lost children to return home.

Again.. Dan Perkins said that he had been praying for a friend for about 15 years and stopped I think? And years after he was praying for him I think the friend may have began to show interest in changing his life and knowing Christ.

OUR PRAYERS DO NOT GO UP TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD IN VAIN. Prayers will continued to be heard long after they are spoken from our mouths. This is the power of prayer and the power of our God.

I will to continue to pray for His will to be done until I see it accomplished.
Thats all.
-Mali

No comments:

Post a Comment