Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Life

Hello,
This is Mali and I am quite new at this. I think the most exciting thing that would be happening in my life would be doing a Daniel Fast right now. Meats, dairy, animal products, sweetners, most bread and proccessed foods will not be entering my mouth for the extreme stretch of 20 days. The only thing left to eat are the normal left overs seen on childrens plates; the healthy foods. Fruits vegtables and ... legumes are to be allowed. Water is the only liquid that will quench my thirst and thats that. Basically it is going to suck; but then again it will not! I don't have to worry about this because I do not have to rely on my own strength. I can use that Holy Spirit! As I am typing this however I just began to either really smell or imaginary smell some Ham and Cheese hot pockets. Delicious, I know. Living with 5 other roommates who are not doing this fast tends to make things quite difficult.

Anyway besides me complaining about food something bigger is at hand. God is constantly working around us. I don't want to miss out on anything that he has to offer. Now I can say that.. but then its like.. well what are the steps I am going to take to not miss out on the story he is unfolding in front of my eyes. Basically I don't want to be a hypocrite or be all talk, because after all .. faith without actions is dead. So far this year it has been going well. My leather bible has been cracked way more often and consistantly each day than maybe it ever has before. Going through the new testament, and apparently Genesis for this fast it has been way better.
I mean I have a lot of stuff to say but I will save it until another time when something sparks my thoughts and I cant hold back from blabbering about it.
goodbye.
-Mali

No comments:

Post a Comment